Since tomorrow is launch day and there are a few things left to do, I need to make the most of the time I have left. I have about 90 minutes available this morning and tomorrow morning and then this evening from about 19:00 onwards when I return from the weekly shopping. The remaining task list looks like this:
- Any remaining ropes.
- The mains'l.
- Rond anchors.
- Cockpit tent.
- Cockpit cover.
- Spare blocks
- Hardware box.
- Sleeping bags.
- Cameras and cables.
- GPS and charger.
- Rigging kit.
- Rig the bowsprit with the shrouds, bobstay and jib then take it off so that it can easily be put back on again once Naiad is in the water. The lower part of the bobstay remains attached to the bobstay fitting and is tied round the new cleat.
- Stack the bowsprit and rudder in the minibus.
- Drill bolt holes in the new registration plate and attach to the boat trailer.
- Connect up the trailer to the minibus and check the lights.
- Secure the mast, boom and gaff at both ends to the boat.
- Locate the foam pieces that go under the strops.
- Measure the air draft.
- Pack overnight kit.
- Secure Naiad to the trailer with the strops.
- Remove the blocks from under the trailer.
Once that lot is done it is just a matter of making sure that I've not forgotten anything.